OK team…. here it is… after my post last week, I have scoured my resources on well being, work life balance etc etc and I have netted down that advice into….
MY TOP TEN LIST TO ACHIEVE WORK and LIFE AWESOMENESS
1) SLOW DOWN– Whether it be a 40min meditation session with calming oils and mantra’s…or a simple cup of tea in the sunshine. The experts seem pretty agreed on this one. Keep your mind calm and reduce the intensity of your day.
2) MOVE DAILY – Again, how and to what intensity isn’t really the point…just get moving. I love the advise that you should make the commitment simply to put your shoes on and go outside. The rest…is up to the moment.
3) NOURISH YOURSELF – Lying on the couch, snuggled up with hubby, eating whole packets of biscuits is one of my favourite pass times and I’m not going to stop doing it. But I know that giving my body as much of the things it needs on a regular basis is going to help it to be at its best…so I need to drink the green smoothie before the biscuits?
4) USE YOUR STRENGTHS – I had a massive turning point in my career when I did the VIA strengths survey and identified my strengths. It helped me to focus in on the things I enjoy and put more of them into my life. You don’t have to do a formal survey though, just think about the things you love to do and you are good at…then make sure you are doing them, regularly.
5) MAKE TIME FOR LOVE – This is good old advice from Mum. Spending time on work , with the kids and with friends is great. But don’t forget to foster the relationship with the person you have chosen to share your life with (or making time to find that person).
6) CREATE BOUNDARIES – and stick to them. What are your non- negotiables?
7) GET ORGANISED – This had to be on my list. A clean up on the outside can help you clean up on the inside. Get those “to do” lists out of your head and onto paper. Do you have a system? Do you have a schedule, how are you fitting in the most important things?
8) GROW YOUR VILLAGE – As I’ve said before…it takes a village. Take the time to consider who is in your village? How are you helping them, how can you let them help you?
9) EXPRESS GRATITUDE – Taking the time each day to reflect on all the wonderful things you are thankful for puts a shiny light of positivity over your every day.
10) HAVE FUN – When did life get so serious? My childhood was spent laughing until my sides hurt. I want some of that back please.
It was actually quite hard to keep this list down to 10, there were so many things that I had to cull…but if I had too many more it would have seemed daunting and unachievable. One thing that I kept adding in and then taking out…was having a vision. It is not that I don’t think it is important, infact, the opposite…I think is the overarching thing that you are working towards and this is just the top ten list of the things you need to do on a daily/weekly basis to keep you sane as you work towards your vision.
So, to keep me on track I’m going to choose one item from the list each month to focus on…and I will also do a special “setting my vision” session (this may well involve scissors and sticky tape),
Follow my Facebook group for regular updates on how I go with that (I have a sneaky suspicion things may not quite go as smoothly as I have in my head right now)….and if you are not already subscribed, I’d love you to join my wordpress tribe of awesome followers (just click on the follow buttons on my website here) so you can keep track of my status with my weekly blog posts.
First up…. time to SLOW DOWN….wish me luck
5 thoughts on “My top ten list to awesomeness…”
[…] is goes…task number one on my list to awesomeness (see here if you missed that one)… SLOW […]
[…] hear you say)…to the point of today’s post…which is the 2nd point in my Ten Steps to Work Life Awesomeness…MOVE […]
[…] still been feeling quite flat recently. Which is a little bit of a surprise because I thought my Top Ten list to Awesomeness…would help me feel like I had things nailed. After all, a good old plan of action usually […]
[…] forward back to today, and you might understand why I included Step Number 3 in my Top 10 Steps to WorkLife Awesomeness – NOURISH […]
[…] my ten steps to work life awesomeness… step #4 is Knowing Your Strengths….and it is easier said than […]